12.28.2008

the best time to go thrifting is on snowy days

After being trapped for almost a week in my house because of snow, I decided I needed to brave it out and go grocery shopping on Friday. So I went to my local Safeway then I decided since I ‘m out and about I might as well stop by to my favorite thrift shop on the way home. I figured there’s probably no one brave enough to drive on this snowy condition, and I’ll have the store all for myself. I got stuck on sleek ice twice on my way there, but manage to slide my way through the front door half hour before they closed. I ask the store clerk how much time do I have, she said half hour, no problem I said, I only need 15 minutes to see if there are any good stuff in the store.

I come in this store regularly. I know where everything is. And I don’t spend no more than half hour to find things that are worth something to me. This is by far my most favorite thrift shop in our area; it’s fairly clean, hardly do I see noisy kids running around, the clerks are friendly and they bring out new inventory daily all throughout the whole day, and the best thing is, most of their items are pretty reasonable, everything is about $4 or less. I’ve got the most unusual, one-of-a-kind treasures in this store, and I’ve found the most valuable goods that only cost me pretty much nothing.

Anyhow, I'm glad I went, I found some real gems and will be listing them as soon as we get some sun around here, so I can get some decent photos. But here’s some pictures of the pretty tea linens with butterflies and flowers, a complete set of Seymour Mann tea/coffee pot and cups made in Japan, a cute ceramic owl lantern, a couple of tall green and lavender bottles and a nice vintage green tray.

3 comments:

  1. I love the items you have on etsy. Can totally relate to the addiction to all things vingtage.

    :-) from a fellow addict

    ReplyDelete
  2. your etsy shop is really grand!
    --equivoque

    ReplyDelete