1.05.2009

corners of my home



I love this corner by my front door because not only does it look elegant and Victorian, everything in this picture is less than $50 bucks. $47 to be exact. The lovely mirror was salvaged by my husband many years ago from an old house ready to be torn down, which was free. The marble wall shelf I bought from a local antique shop for $45 (which I thought was ridiculously over priced but I bought it anyway because it's perfect with the mirror) and the brass candelabra was from Goodwill for two dollars.

I have managed to decorate our house with some of my favorite things mostly from thrifting used décor and furniture. I’ve become one of those people that just unconsciously brags about how much they’ve spent for an item, for instance, someone will compliment a print on my wall and I will instantly blurt out just how much I got it for, like, “I GOT THAT FOR TWO BUCKS FROM GOODWILL!” which I presume they don't really care to know. Probably not, but I'm still proud of it, I feel really good acquiring stuff that have so much history, character and beauty for very little or next to nothing, and to be given a new life and purpose is an extra bonus.


1 comment:

  1. Hee. hee. hee. I do that to. I find some great things at thrift or consignment shops or even yard sales (less so here but there was one good one...)and tend to blurt it out if complimented.

    ReplyDelete