The kid's swimming lesson was cancelled yesterday so I was able to make my super easy chicken enchilada recipe (and take photos of it while my husband looked on in confusion) I explained that I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone; it's for dinner and for my blog. Anyway, this is a very quick, no fuss recipe as I used a canned green sauce instead of making it from fresh ingredient.
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
1 big can Las Palmas green enchilada sauce (medium hot)
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
24 white corn tortilla
1 tspn Cumin
1/2 tspn Mexican oregano
Salt, pepper to taste
1. Boil chicken breasts until tender, set aside. Pull chicken breast apart by hand into shredded strips.
2. Saute garlic, onion, add chicken, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a pan, pour canned green sauce, simmer in medium to low heat. Dip tortilla until fully covered with sauce and softens a little.
4. Arrange a layer on a baking dish,then add a layer of the meat filling. Add another layer of tortilla and meat. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
5. Sprinkle diced onions (optional) and grated cheese on top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese is melted. Add sour cream and/or serve with Spanish rice and beans.